Enriching Alaska through excellent choral music since 1986
The Executive Director (Director) serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the organization and reports directly to President of the Board of Directors. The Director is responsible for assisting the Board and its committees in the effective deployment of the Strategic Plan and for managing the day-to-day tasks of the organization, including managing the finances of the organization according to a budget approved by the Board; managing projects assigned by the Board or its President; effectively directing ticket sales and other marketing tasks as assigned; and serving as the staff liaison with the various operating committees of the Board.
The Director also manages press relations and acts as one of the principal spokespersons for the organization.
The Alaska Chamber Singers was founded in 1986 by Elvera Voth and serves a unique role within the Anchorage and Alaska arts community as being the only musical ensemble of its type in the state. The singers are auditioned annually and are required to perform at the highest level of musical and artistic performance, committing to a rigorous rehearsal and performance schedule. Outreach throughout Alaska, particularly through schools, is one of the important values which guides the organization.
● Manage the daily activities of the group.
● Work closely with the Artistic Director to ensure that all aspects of performance and rehearsal responsibilities are being effectively attended to Oversee all Municipal, State and Federal reporting requirements and ensure their timely and accurate submission.
● Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors and attend its meetings.
● Maintain the minutes and other business records of the organization and provide them to the Board as requested.
● Provide a written summary of accomplishments and operational status of ongoing projects to the Board.
● Reconcile bank accounts, manage cash flow and maintain the financial records of the organization.
● Working with the Finance Committee, develop and maintain the operating budget of the organization.
● Negotiates with performance venues and assists the Artistic Director in negotiating with guest artists.
● Coordinates media releases and marketing campaigns.
● Supervises advertising and printing.
● Works closely with the Board to develop and carry out an effective fund-raising program including planned giving and capital campaigns.
● Represents the organization in arts advocacy and establishes good working relationships with arts organizations, schools, sponsors and other advocates within the State.
The candidate selected for the position will demonstrate an ability to effectively lead organizations despite limited resources. The winning candidate knows how to take charge and manage willing volunteers to accomplish necessary tasks. She/He possesses advanced people skills and adheres to the highest levels of personal integrity and ethical standards. She/He will demonstrate experience with non-profit management, preferably with a performing-arts organization. The selected candidate will embrace the opportunity to promote the objectives and values of the Alaska Chamber Singers and will enthusiastically guide the organization to its next level of excellence.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com